Sunday 14 April 2013

Palmiers for Breakfast

I love palmiers, I had my first in gorgeous Tuscan Italy under the sun. Visiting the leaning tower, spending the evening listening to street musicians at Ponte Veccio and chowing down some beautiful fresh seafood pallets and Florentine steak. Foodies paradise! Palmiers are a great way to cook your own breakfast, fresh and fast when we're rushed in the early morning. Pack these in a small bag and take them for snacking during the day too.






Unfortunately when I was in Italy a few years ago I was way too occupied with the gelato!! I actually tried it in Costa, while waiting for my train.. yeah not quite the same picturesque setting eh? Hahahaha. It was delicious all the same though. But I think I paid about 50p for one? Probably more! I couldn't believe how quick this can be, you can prep and have them in the oven with 5 mins? Put the kettle on and they'll be done, pipping hot, setting you up for the day.







Recipe:
1 Packet puff pastry
Caster Sugar

1. Lay puff flat
2. Sprinkle 2 tbsp sugar inside
3. Roll each side into the middle
4. Slice 1/2 inch thick slices
5. Lay flat on parchment lined baking tray
(This is important as they will begin to burn before cooking otherwise)
6. Sprinkle another 1tbsp sugar
7. Bake at 200 degrees for 20 minutes

Until Next Time xo



1 comment:

  1. I just made these and they turned out great! Definitely making again! I tried half of the batch with some cinnamon inside as well and that was really nice :)
    Kristina xx
    http://www.modeofstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete